[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Aug 8 04:02:05 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 8:44 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> http://www.titantv.com/ttv/menu/terms.aspx
> The Terms of Use state clearly "TITANTV.COM is a free service for
> consumers and is provided for your personal, non-commercial home use
> only."  FREE listing data for PERSONAL use.  Including private
> accounts, lineups, and data connection from PVR/DVR systems.
>
> One would expect there might be a way to use this.  Is there no
> hope of trying?

I don't know.  Maybe you should discuss it with them, and report back
to us?  I'm not sure what you think people should be doing.  There's
nothing stopping you from investigating this if you're keen on it.

> Free data, for Private uses, which hardware providers have have
> directed us towards.  What's the issue preventing development of a
> method to use that?

Probably time.  No one has decided to put effort into it yet.  If
you'd like to work on it, certainly no one's going to stop you.  You
could write your own grabber; I understand XMLTV has a plugin-
oriented architecture for exactly this sort of thing.

If you're asking other people to do the work for you that might be a
harder sell, especially if it means taking time away from other
projects.