[mythtv-users] Alternatives to Supporting schedulesdirect.org

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 8 02:20:21 UTC 2007

On 08/07/2007 09:55 PM, Robert Current wrote:
> Actually, in the end, odds are there will be enough EIT data out there
> that this will all become totally irreverent anyway.

I'd say it's a bit irreverent even now.  As a matter of fact, probably
even irrelevant.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1056

> or DirecTV tuner, I'd probably pay for
> that service, and live with it.

Really?  Pay $10/mo (for locals only plus subscriber fee for not getting
a package) for a system that forces you to pay $5/mo extra for each STB
(to cover the cost of listings) so that you don't have to pay for, er,
listings (at a cost that's almost definitely going to be less than that
for DISH).  And, such that you can only get standard-def captured by an
analog capture card?

Go for it.  Patches at the above link.  I think, though, they're already
in 0.20-fixes.  Good luck and enjoy your adventure.

Mike