Jack McGee jack at greendesk.net
Wed Aug 8 00:33:29 UTC 2007

Robert Current wrote:
> The show descriptions aren't taken from the original sources?  They
> re-write their own?  In that case, I'd actually prefer a source that
> used the actual NBC/CBS/FOX/whatever original description for the show
> and episode...

I send Tribune Media listings for our PEG channels, and they do have
descriptions they pull in of our public domain movies we run.  I've had
them ask me to clarify some sports games we are covering, because
apparently they went to the trouble to double check the info I gave them
with the sports team web page.  I was pretty impressed.  I assume they
get network show descriptions from the networks and plug it in for the
affiliates.