Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 22:36:25 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> >> I've not had much issues with DVB-S EIT data I've seen from BEV,
> >> DishNetwork, or DirecTV, are you refering to the DVB-T, DVB-C, or
> >> ATSC data?
> >
> > In my case, it's all ATSC...OTA digital broadcasts.
>
> Mine too, and the best I get is now/next data (and it's often wrong when
> Myth's data from TMS is right).

Hmm, I guess for me, I got other results, I'm in Tucson, not New
York...  And I only used ATSC for a short time (my PC choked on
displaying the data, I gave up).

Here, PBS broadcasts about 3-4 stations OTA ATSC, some pure SD not
even HD, but all digital.  And they all had decent EIT data.  However,
TMS provided no real data on those channels, and it still doesn't seem
to give me any data when I go looking for it.

But, YMMV.  I don't doubt that ATSC EIT isn't near the quality of
DVB-S EIT data.  But I do know that on ATSC and DVB-S I have seen
local data for PBS, but no data for those channels on TMS.