Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:50:51 UTC 2007

>From: "Robert Current"
>On 8/7/07, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Boy, you're not kidding.  My Samsung HD receivers supports EIT data, and
> > from what I've seen, the NY area networks I get don't even send subtitle
> > (the episode name) with the data...just the show title and description.
> > to mention they appear to send less than 24 hours data.  The primetime
> > for a given day appear to show up by about noon at best.  Yuk.
> >
> > Tom
>I've not had much issues with DVB-S EIT data I've seen from BEV,
>DishNetwork, or DirecTV, are you refering to the DVB-T, DVB-C, or ATSC

In my case, it's all ATSC...OTA digital broadcasts.  Then again, the OTA
digital stations have been a little slow in getting their act together in a
number of ways.  At least the broadcasts themselves have become pretty
reliable.  I imagine the EIT data may not be a big priority for them.  If I
remember correctly, it wasn't too long ago that my local NBC didn't send any
EIT data at all.

Puzzles, trivia teasers, word scrambles and more. Play for your chance to
win! http://club.live.com/home.aspx?icid=CLUB_hotmailtextlink