[mythtv-users] Supporting schedulesdirect.org (Tom Greer)

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Tue Aug 7 21:09:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 17:54:25 -0300
Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:

> > been charging.  Given schedulesdirect is a commercial
> > venture, or at least partnered with a commercial
>

>  To be clear, schedulesdirect is a Non-Profit organization, NOT out
> for profit. So fee's will be as low as possibel to cover the data
> server maintenance, and bw and such.

A non-profit organization doesn't mean people aren't going to profit, even though technically they are receiving compensation for services.  Many people who run non-profit organizations make huge salaries, they aren't profits technically.

I'm not suggesting that's the case here (I certainly hope it's not).  But just because an organization is "non profit" doesn't really mean much at all.