Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Tue Aug 7 20:48:54 UTC 2007

On Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:01:24 -0400
Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:

> Tom Greer wrote:
> >
> > No sooner than I post a comment, there is an update on
> > www.schedules-direct.com <http://www.schedules-direct.com>.
> >

> "Membership dues will be billed through PayPal and will be offered to
> non-commercial users in the United States and Canada."

Well, I guess it's by by to MythTV for me.  I had too many problems with PayPal in the past, I'm certainly not going to get an account or otherwise use their services now (no way am I giving them a CC number that's for sure).

As far as I'm concerned, the broadcasters should be paying for this as.  I doubt anybody thinks that Time Warner (for example) isn't making money hand over fist.  I suppose some people are so hooked on TV that they'll pay, but there is nothing on TV that I can't live without, in particular if I can't record it and watch at my convenience.

I don't mind supporting open source projects (I have two on Sourceforge myself), but paying to get TV listings? Not me.

I may try some alternatives, but most likely I'll just use the Myth box to play videos, listen to music and the like.