[mythtv-users] Has anyone tried to hack this in?

Joe Borne joe.borne at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 20:18:41 UTC 2007

OK, I'll admit it, I'm an eye-candy junkie. As such i was enthralled
with the new TV watching app in LinuxMCE. I particularly loved the new
channel browsing method.

Here's a screen cap from the now- infamous "comic book guy" video that
introduced the linuxMCE.

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8153/screenkc3.jpg

I just installed the newest LinuxMCE on a laptop I had laying around
just to check it out. I loved the TV viewing app, but in all honesty
have no use for the rest of LinuxMCE's added features like lighting
control etc.

I was wondering if anyone had tried to port over the
TV-viewing/channel-guide app in linuxMCE into plain old MythTV. Such a
thing would, in my humble opinion, be a great improvement/option for
MythTV.

Has anyone tried to do this?