Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:58:09 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

> TMS provides additional information (like show descriptions) which
> are copyrighted by TMS. They also have a right to charge for the data
> collection from broadcast stations all over the country and
> redistributing according to their agreements with broadcasters, but
> the real value is in the copyrighted content they create.

The show descriptions aren't taken from the original sources?  They
re-write their own?  In that case, I'd actually prefer a source that
used the actual NBC/CBS/FOX/whatever original description for the show
and episode...

And, for the most part, scheduling works with show title and subtitle,
so might there be an option to not use the description?

Seriously, just wondering to myself "is there no legal way to do this
without buying it?"  It seems everyone else assumed it's obviously
"owned" data that we have to pay for, it just didn't seem that obvious
to me...