Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 7 19:53:44 UTC 2007

On 08/07/2007 03:29 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Jeff Wormsley wrote:
>
>> I suppose the sc***n sc****rs will be resurrected now, for ill or
>> good.
>>
> I'm sure some people will go that route -- the "information wants to
> be free" sorts who feel that paying anything for any kind of data is
> too much.  Personally I'm happy to pay a reasonable fee for reliable,
> convenient data.  I'm withholding judgement until I see what the
> price structure actually is.

Agreed (except for the withholding judgement).  I figure Windows Vista
Ultimate is > $300 ($200 OEM) and generally, those users have to buy new
machines every 2 years or so.  So, using the conservative $200/2years, I
should be paying at least $8.33/month/machine (or more since Myth is so
much more than Vista Ultimate).  With my 3 Myth machines, I guess I
should be paying $25/month at current market rates.

Mike