Robert Current robert.current at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:46:16 UTC 2007

TMS is Zap2it.  So, this is going to be the same old data, with new
location to download from, and a price tag?

Hmm...  Just a legal question, but isn't EIT data unencrypted, and
technically "free-2-air" data?  Granted, the sat-to-cable listings
associations aren't easy.

What is the legality, really?  Not being sarcastic, I really don't
know.  What each individual media source is planning to broadcast is
something they advertise, promote, and want the world to know.

Is this true:  The real problem is there are 1000's of individual
stations (mostly locals?) that have no standard form of listing the
shows they are going to play...  Even though they are trying to get
the word out.  But the problem is the intermediates who gather all
that data, and compile it into a single listing source claim it to be
their property, un-redistributable (even if they got the info from
free sources)?

Can they really claim property rights and copyright protection on what
amounts to plagiarism?  I mean, I can go to my local TV station web
site, and they will be happy to tell me what they plan on
broadcasting.  But, someone else took that info, and is trying to
package and sell it to me?

I'm not trolling, I really don't understand the legality here.  I
agree the service is worth something, but I don't see how it is
"unethical" or "illegal" to try to have a group (who is willing) to
assemble the data them selfs and redistribute it.  Can someone clear
that up for me?