[mythtv-users] Anyone have any luck running Myth in VMWare?

Jarom McDonald jarom_mcdonald at byu.edu
Tue Aug 7 18:35:40 UTC 2007

I have a backend running in a virtual machine at work and it performs
like a charm; however, it is set up solely as an IPTV recorder (our
campus delivers all campus cable channels via IPTV), writing the
programs to a mounted NFS (the gigabit ethernet comes in handy there).
I've never had luck with getting physical encoding devices working.

Jarom McDonald