jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Aug 7 17:16:43 UTC 2007

>>     Given that we've been given the mushroom treatment here, his
>> reaction
>> is quite reasonable and consistent with the available information. It is
>> by no means childish.
>

>  Making it sound like big brother is watching and going to punish you for
> speaking of it is childish and does little to help his cause.

   This isn't a strictly public forum. The list owners can kick and ban
any of us. This is helpful for other reasons like spam. Trivializing this
possibility is what is immature.

   We're expected to act with a level of decorum consistent with the
wishes of our host. That's why there's another separate list for
discussing this problem in depth.

>  Like it or not the schedulesdirect people have to wait for legal ok to
> say anything. Hopefully that will be over soon. (crossing my fingers
> maybe today?)

   That is total nonsense. At the very least they could give us some
idea of whether or not they will have something (anything) in place
before zap2it goes offline. They could give some indication that they
are making progress towards whatever they are working on.

> All the message from the devs/schedulesdirect are/were meant to do was to
> reassure users something is in the works and let people know that they
> don't have to go back to scrapping and the problems that come with it.

    That's the mushroom treatment that I was complaining about.

    It is by no reasonable standard reassuring.

[deletia]