[mythtv-users] Zap2it discontinuance: any alternative?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:12:49 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, DaveD <mythtv at guiplot.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to get TV listings into a computer?  There must be
> something out there.  I'm not very well informed, but I'm curious why
> they didn't just start charging for the service.

Because TMS does not want to deal directly with individual users and the
customers that they do have (newspapers, cable compaines ...) agreements
with pay thousands of dollars per month to TMS for the listings.

 Are there too many
> alternatives in the mainstream (BeyondTV, ATI and MCE have listings
> services) for them to compete with?

Some of these are in the same boat.

Although there really is not that much info the website for the only
alternative is:

http://www.schedulesdirect.org/

John