[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver for Harmony remote (Jay Mallar)

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 23:55:51 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, nospam312 <nospam312[at]gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you saying the MS MCE remote receiver can be
used
> as a cheap replacement for a USB-UIRT if you do not
> need the blasters? Does the MS MCE remote receiver
> work with other remotes? TIA.

It's true the USB-UIRT remote does receive codes from
every remote I've ever used with it.  I think I
remember testing my MCE remote receiver using IRW and
found it to receive codes from some non-MCE remotes in
my remote graveyard.  I'll test again and report back.

On 8/7/07, Whytey <david.whyte at gmail wrote:

> And can you give a link to said MCE remote
> (with receiver) so I can see if we have the
> same thing here in Australia?

I have the 3rd remote here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MCE_Remote#Media_Center_Remotes
(Version 2, Model 1039)

I pretty much followed that guide, with a few extra
visits to the LIRC site.  I remember I wrote a little
script to cycle through channel changing codes on my
DCT6200 STB.  I can't remember if I downloaded the
codes from the LIRC site or recorded them myself using
the original STB remote.  Once I had the correct
codes, I found a channel changing script online that
required very few changes to work perfectly with
mythy.  I also look at my scripts tonight and report
back to the list.

-Cal