[mythtv-users] unable to burn

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Mon Aug 6 23:46:48 UTC 2007

norman wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 14:59 -0400, John Drescher wrote:
>>         I am sorry but that is not possible because the .lck files
>>         which I
>>         removed were somehow connected with the log files. However,
>>         the first
>>         time it was trying to process mythreplex and another time it
>>         was ffmpeg.
>>         Hope this is helpful.
>>
>> The log files should be in the same folder as the .lck files.
>
> I assumed that would be the case. However, I have burned other DVDs
> since then and the only logs I have were for the last burn. It seems
> that only the logs of the last burn are retained.

The log files from the MythArchive session of your problem recording
would be the easiest way for us to help you figure out what's wrong.
Try generating a DVD of that specific recording, and attach the contents
of the log file to your post - I'd be happy to try and help.

Not sure if your session is dying and generating a bad DVD, but if so,
you can uncheck the box that actually writes the DVD, and just generate
an .iso file.  Mine goes in /tmp/work, and is called mythburn.iso.

If you don't even get as far as generating the .iso file, without the
log file, you could check the following:

1. Are you loading a cutlist?  If you are, try it without.  There is a
checkbox for this in the mythburn dialogs.  I sometimes have problems
with cutlists that include the very beginning or very end of the recording.
2. Are you using an encoder profile?  My options for this are HP, SP,
EP, LP and "Don't re-encode".  If you are using something other than
"Don't re-encode", try changing this to "Don't re-encode".