[mythtv-users] USB IR receiver for Harmony remote

Mike LaPlante mike at dividia.net
Mon Aug 6 19:29:17 UTC 2007

Jay Mallar wrote:
> Here's some links for IR receivers I'm considering...
>
> USB-IRT
> http://www.usbuirt.com/overview.htm
> --
> -Jay

Thanks Jay, those look ideal, except for the $50 price tag, the
remote+receiver combos seem to be $30-$40. The other question would be
if those are in the Harmony database.

I've been doing some googling, and it seems like $30-$50is the norm, be
it with or without a remote. Probably go to Fry's tonight and see what
they've got. If I end up having to get a remote to get a receiver at
least I'll have a backup for when someone spills a drink into the
Harmony. :-O

./sigh I can hear my girlfriend now.... "tell me again why you had to
buy TWO new remotes?"

Mike