[mythtv-users] Need a way to clean up database after losing recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:02:43 UTC 2007

On 06/08/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 08/06/2007 12:37 PM, Craig Fry wrote:
> > In the end I just sat there and did it manually.  It certainly tells
> > me I record to much and watch to little.
>
> But I'd venture to say that's the whole purpose of a DVR.  If you always
> have more TV than you can watch, you always have something "good" to
> watch (where "good" is relative).  If you run out of recordings, you end
> up wasting your viewing time (admittedly, wasted time itself ;) watching
> whatever's on through LiveTV, like a caveman.  :)

More like a masochist at the moment as LiveTV is currently broken for
a lot of users.

If you do run out of recordings, why not wait for new ones to
magically appear, and in the meantime get on with the more important
things in life? Poking devs to test and commit patches is optional!

--
Nick

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/