[mythtv-users] Fonts not visible on Myth main menu

James Fidell james at fidell.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 13:12:09 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Ok, so it looks like that this is the problem, I'll fix this tonight.
> The only curious thing, though, is why the Arial font wasn't an issue in
> Fedora 6?

IIRC, in F7 the fonts package has changed -- it's now liberation-fonts
rather than msttcorefonts as was in FC6.  AIUI though, liberation-fonts
should contain the Arial font.

I'm told that if you upgrade from FC6 to F7, liberation-fonts doesn't
get installed, so if you have msttcorefonts you could try removing that
and installing liberation-fonts.

James