[mythtv-users] Anyone have any luck running Myth in VMWare?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 08:44:15 UTC 2007

On 8/6/07, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think he's actually rolling back his Vista install to a clean XP install,
> so it might be an option. :)

A couple of points:

- I had myth running in VMware just fine.  Using XP host, Ubuntu 7.04
(pre-release) guest on a 2GHz laptop (old Pentium M chip, not dual
core).  I made the move to linux on the laptop though so I blew the
client away, sorry!
- I don't think winmyth works with the latest version of mythTV.  I
never got it to work good *ever* regardless of the mythTV version.
- There was another client called Tapeworm or something.  I had some
good success with that but I have no idea where it is up to now.  Try
searching the mailing list for the web page.

HTH's
Whytey