[mythtv-users] Nova-T 500 Ubuntu

George Hazlewood george at hazlewood.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 20:59:21 UTC 2007

Janne Grunau wrote:
> No unfortunately not at all. According to Patrick Böttcher who maintains
> the DiBCom Linux drivers the 0710 PCI wasn't intended for
> massproduction.
>
> Support for this device is not planned.
>
> Return it if you can. If you can take high resolution pictures of the
> card before it would be appreciated.

I have posted a couple of shots of the card here:

http://hazlewood.co.uk/files/nova-t500/P8050085.JPG
http://hazlewood.co.uk/files/nova-t500/P8050086.JPG
http://hazlewood.co.uk/files/nova-t500/P8050087.JPG
http://hazlewood.co.uk/files/nova-t500/P8050088.JPG
http://hazlewood.co.uk/files/nova-t500/P8050089.JPG

I hope these are useful, my card is now on Ebay. :)

Hauppage have for a long time held my contempt for such awful software
and drivers.  The release of this card is the icing on the cake.  They
didn't even bother to re-do the box with an updated photo specifications
or model number.  If I was more of a contemptuous git I'd report them to
Trading Standards for mis-selling goods. </grump>

Cheers

George