[mythtv-users] Myth on AppleTV

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 17:46:48 UTC 2007

On 8/3/07, jedi at mishnet.org <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

> It's one thing to install Ubuntu on a mini because of 3rd party
> addons like remotes. It's really sad when Linux is better at
> exploiting the built in hardware on a device that's not meant
> to be user serviceable.

The current release version of MythTV doesn't do hardware decoding on
any Mac platform, because Apple uses its own private APIs. However
this patch which is in SVN supposedly enables it for standard Macs
(didn't test it, as I don't go for SVN if I don't absolutely have to):

It might work on AppleTV, as well.