[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase fails on every query

Jeffrey Bush bushj at rpi.edu
Mon Apr 30 22:54:30 UTC 2007

I know it took a little bit of time, but I finally got around to checking
things out.

Well, first thing, I tried running the command you gave me (which is the
same as in mc.sql) which didn't help.

Doing the SELECT query shows no for all privileges, but I think that is due
to the fact that mythtv user can only have those privileges on mythconverg.
I can create tables as the mythtv user fine, just not temporary tables.

Going in as the root user I played around with making some tables. Then I
tried making a temporary table and I got the same error! My root user cannot
even make temporary tables, and the SELECT statement for him does show that
he has privileges to make them on all databases. I tried changing the db
engine but that didn't help. The error is:

ERROR 1005 (HY000): Can't create table 'test' (errno: 13)

This is the same error that I get during the mythfilldatabase, and now with
a closer look, when I fill in the channel information (with 'fetch channels
from provider').

So, does anyone know what this error could mean? Do I simply need to adjust
the privileges of the mysql user/group?

Thanks,
Jeff