[mythtv-users] Is Wider better?

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Mon Apr 30 21:29:51 UTC 2007

On 30 Apr 2007, at 16:05, Peter A. Daly wrote:
> I think I've decided to go the LCD computer monitor route rather
> than the LCD TV route.  We watch exclusively (right now) SD
> recorded from TV content.
>
> Budget wise, it looks like a 22" widescreen or 20" (normal) display
> is the choice it's coming down to.
>
> Would I be better off with a 20" 4:3 display instead of a
> widescreen?  The 22" widescreen seems like the obvious choice on
> the surface, but since I mostly watch SD content, would I be better
> off with the 4:3 20"?

This has got to be entirely your choice. Widescreen viewing is
important to me, and I find letterboxed movies insufferably small on
quite adequately-sized 4:3 screens.

Basically, do the maths on viewable area against price.

You may find the table on page 2 of this document helpful:
   PDF:
     <http://www.necdisplay.com/support/css/Techlibrary/
whitepaper_measuring_screensize.pdf>
   Google's HTML cache: