[mythtv-users] mythmusic svn: libvisual projectm support

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 30 17:59:17 UTC 2007

Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 4/29/07, Ross Campbell <ross.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've got all that installed, and I can see all the libvisual-plugins,
> what I can't see in the list is the ProjectM visual. There was no
> package for it for debian so I had to compile from source, and I'm
> betting it didn't install it where the packaged version expects it so
> its not being seen. I just don't know what needs to get done for this
> to occur, so I'm hoping someone here knows?

On Gentoo I just emerged the required packages and it all just worked :)

Not sure if this helps at all because debian probably puts things in
different places but this is what I have.

There is the libvisual libraries that provide the projectM plugin  -
actor_projectM.la and actor_projectM.so They are installed along with
the others actors like actor_gforce.so. On Gentoo they are all in
/usr/lib/libvisual-0.4/actor/.

There is the actual projectM libraries  libprojectM.so.0.0.0,
libprojectM.a, libprojectM.la. There's also a couple of links to the .so
file called libprojectM.so and libprojectM.so.0. They are all in /usr/lib/

There is also the projectM data directory at /usr/share/projectM/

Looks like there is a config file in ~/.projectM. The config looks the
same as the one in the share directory.

There may be other stuff that I don't know about but that seem to be it.

Paul H.