[mythtv-users] Is Wider better?

Peter A. Daly petedaly at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:05:36 UTC 2007

In the next few months I'll be in the market for a new LCD screen for a
small/medium sized room.  It will be replacing a 19" CRT TV.

I think I've decided to go the LCD computer monitor route rather than the
LCD TV route.  We watch exclusively (right now) SD recorded from TV content.

Budget wise, it looks like a 22" widescreen or 20" (normal) display is the
choice it's coming down to.

Would I be better off with a 20" 4:3 display instead of a widescreen?  The
22" widescreen seems like the obvious choice on the surface, but since I
mostly watch SD content, would I be better off with the 4:3 20"?

I don't currently own a widescreen, but have heard they are not great for SD
content.  However, it looks like widescreen's are all the rage.  Thanks for
any advice.

-Pete
http://www.mythpvr.com