[mythtv-users] one tuner (cable box) and two cards (plextor, firewire)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Apr 30 13:46:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 07:50 -0500, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On 2/3/07, Alvaro <mythtvusers at spip.thehackers.org> wrote:
> > In mythtv-setup, I've created two capture cards, and then I've
> > created two video sources to reflect the different channels.
> > After associating them in input connections, as expected, mythtv
> > happily starts scheduling simultaneous recordings with the cards,
> > which obviously won't work. What would be the right way to do this?
>
> sadly, getting a second cable box.

I'm working on input group support for the Multiple recordings
per multiplex patch. Soon it should be possible to put the
PVR-250 composite input and the firewire input in the same
input group and MythTV will know about the conflict and avoid
scheduling recording on both at the same time (and prevent
Live TV from using a busy input.)

-- Daniel