[mythtv-users] mythmusic svn: libvisual projectm support

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 12:11:51 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Ross Campbell <ross.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > with mythmusic SVN I'm trying to get the libvisual support to show
> > ProjectM as an optional visual but I must have installed ProjectM
> > wrong, which begs the question, anyone know where I need to install
> > ProjectM on debian to get libvisual to pick it up?
> So, the confusion is probably in the fact that in order to view
> ProjectM visualizations in MythTV, you need to install projectM,
> libvisual, and libvisual-projectm, (might as well install
> libvisual-plugins while you're at it to get G-Force.)
> My recommendations are to enable the following visualizations:
> libvisual-projectm, g-force, and goom.

I've got all that installed, and I can see all the libvisual-plugins,
what I can't see in the list is the ProjectM visual. There was no
package for it for debian so I had to compile from source, and I'm
betting it didn't install it where the packaged version expects it so
its not being seen. I just don't know what needs to get done for this
to occur, so I'm hoping someone here knows?

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -