[mythtv-users] mythmusic svn: libvisual projectm support

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 12:11:51 UTC 2007

On 4/29/07, Ross Campbell <ross.campbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/29/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > with mythmusic SVN I'm trying to get the libvisual support to show
> > ProjectM as an optional visual but I must have installed ProjectM
> > wrong, which begs the question, anyone know where I need to install
> > ProjectM on debian to get libvisual to pick it up?
>
> So, the confusion is probably in the fact that in order to view
> ProjectM visualizations in MythTV, you need to install projectM,
> libvisual, and libvisual-projectm, (might as well install
> libvisual-plugins while you're at it to get G-Force.)
>
> My recommendations are to enable the following visualizations:
> libvisual-projectm, g-force, and goom.

I've got all that installed, and I can see all the libvisual-plugins,
what I can't see in the list is the ProjectM visual. There was no
package for it for debian so I had to compile from source, and I'm
betting it didn't install it where the packaged version expects it so
its not being seen. I just don't know what needs to get done for this
to occur, so I'm hoping someone here knows?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!