[mythtv-users] Good deal for someone on a video card, or a B/E ???

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 30 03:57:19 UTC 2007

Yan Seiner wrote:
> <http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2902958&Tab=2&NoMapp=0>
>
> Not for me, though - I have AGP slots in both my FEs...

No consumer app that I'm aware of these days can make use of the 512 MB,
and 256MB 7300s typically sell for less than that price, without the
"MIR" nuisance.

It is fanless though, and it's not a *bad* price.

If you want to talk about good deals, I just spotted an IBM Z Pro Xeon
machine with a Quadro 4 video card, 4 64-bit PCI slots, 1 32-bit PCI
slot, an integrated Ultra 320 SCSI controller and a lot more for
$289.99. I don't know where you could buy the quadro, or the scsi
controller, or the Mobo alone for that price, not to mention the HDD,
Xeon CPU, case, PSU, ECC registered RAM and everything else that goes
with it. With a H/W RAID card, or even without, it would make a killer B/E.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ZPRO2660-2B&cat=SYS