[mythtv-users] What to do...

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Apr 30 01:07:08 UTC 2007

Stewart wrote:
> My 350 has a cable that came with it that allows you to use S-Video or
> Composite video (the red, white, and yellow RCA connectors).  I can use
> the composite if I would get better results.

You would not get better results with composite, you would get worse
results, though you might not perceive the difference.

> I've got an old NVidia TNT2 card in the box that I can use, but I doubt
> it's up to snuff for much.

As Rich said your best bet is to put a 5200 or better nVidia card in and
use that. I feed the VGA output of a 5700 into my HD LCD set and it
looks pretty good with PVR SD recordings. I use the TV itself to scale
the width if I want a wide picture - They used to say that television
adds 30 pounds to everyone, and scaling 4:3 to 16:9 certainly does that :-)

Sorry I misunderstood your first post, I thought you were going to try
and ge HD with a 950 Mhz. CPU, not likely to work well.