[mythtv-users] problem with signal strength during channel scan

Mario Minati mario at minati.de
Sun Apr 29 20:44:17 UTC 2007

Hello @all,

I am new to mythtv as I'm switching from vdr. The setup of the backend
server (ubuntu 7.04, with it's mythtv packages) went fine.
I'm useing a nexus 2.2 dvb-s card from hauppauge with CAM, which served
me fine for the last 1.5 years for my vdr.
But I ran into a problem while trying to setup the channels.

I tried the tuneing with the parameters for astra 19.2 and hotbird (in
hz) but i only got timeout errors.

I checked with scan from the dvb-utils which gave me the expected
channels (about 1200).
I imported that channels.conf, deleted the channels in the setup and
rescanned with the existing transmitters function, but that only gave me
very few channels (about 8) all the others where not found because the
signal strength was allways between 30 and 50% with a SNR of 40 to 50%.

There are no Disecq Errors or other messages in the terminal which would
alert me.

Does anyone have any idea what the reason could be or a hint where to
further look at?

Greets,
Mario