[mythtv-users] Video card question?

John Pierce john.j35 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 05:07:47 UTC 2007

I just recently upgraded my motherboard in my be/fe machine, it is an
ASUS M2NPV-VM and has the ability to output hdtv.  I have my monitor
connected to the dvi out.  According to the manual I cannot have both
the hdtv and rgb out at the same time.

Question 1.

If I purchase a second card, say an evga pcie based on the GeForce
7300 chipset will I be able to use the onboard for hdtv out and the
pcie for my monitor?

Question 2.

Would I be able to use the svideo out of the evga card at the same
time as the dvi?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

--
John
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at