[mythtv-users] Monit and SVN

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Sat Apr 28 15:14:59 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Isip
To: Discussion about mythtv
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:14 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Monit and SVN

Which is better, monit or nagios?

I use nagios myself but only do a tcp check since I dont know of any other
way to check for a working mythbackend process.  I limit the checks to 5
minute intervals so If mythbackend dies, I just lose 5+1  minutes of video.
I chose 5 mins so I wont bog down the system with per minute checks.  How
often does monit check and is pid file monitoring better than tcp checks?