[mythtv-users] SVN: /mythweb/data/cache png's are zero bit?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 00:32:35 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 04/27/2007 07:30 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> > noticed this since i switched to SVN,
> > all the files in mythweb/data/cache are zero size.
> > i'm also noticing that some of the png's in the recording directory
> > are 136 bits,
> > so it looks like the png creation is failing and that mythweb isn't
> > properly creating them?
>
> The PNG issue is probably due to storage group setup issues.  I had the
> same problem when I "upgraded" my slave backend by untarring the old
> build tarball and installing from there (i.e. it was a
> pre-Storage-Groups build, so the slave couldn't find the files).  (Never
> upgrade your Myth box at 3:00am on a work night.)  Go into mythtv-setup
> and verify your storage groups configuration (it will be a new 6th
> option off the main page) and make sure that /all/ of your system is
> running post-storage-groups code (i.e. any old non-SVN libs around?).

all my frontends are running SVN within the 133xx and i checked the
storage groups during my recordings drive upgrade and i only have the
"Default" group with one directory being my recordings drive. As well,
I reformated my main drive on the backend and only installed mythtv
from the SVN compile I made.

> The 0-length files in the MythWeb cache are probably due to UPnP being
> a) off, b) blocked by firewall, or c) blocked (or messed up) by the
> router on your network.

ahh, UPnP is off...

thanks Mike

--