[mythtv-users] No longer tune some channels - gives LaG_

Dave Alverson davemyth at test.xetron.com
Sat Apr 28 00:23:49 UTC 2007

> On 04/26/2007 10:45 PM, Dave Alverson wrote:
> > My myth box recently stopped tuning some channels on the AirStar
> > HD5000 connected to cable.  Its been getting about 20 channels of
> > clear QAM, but now it can't  tune any of the channels on one
> > frequency - the rest are fine.  From the description of the tuning
> > letters from the FAQ, it looks like LaG_ means it sees PAT frames
> but
> > doesn't think they are good.  I have a Sony HDTV and it still gets
> > the channels that myth cant; it can pick them up at the remapped
> > channel (eg 5.1) and the actual channel, which is what my myth setup
> > has (105.1), so the channels haven't moved.
>
> Have you tried re-scanning your channels?  (Back up your DB, first.)
>
> Mike

I backed up the db, then did a rescan, deleting existing entries
first.  It found 3 channels (all on one frequency), but it was like
it kept finding the same 3 on every frequency.  The status pane said
adding, then said updating for the 3 channels over and over.  They
all had 159 in the freqid column - I think thats the last freq on a
cable-high scan.  I did the scan again and it seemed to be the same.
When I started the backend and tried to watch livetv, none of the
three would lock.

So tonite I redid a dvbscan and it looked pretty much like its been
for the last couple months.  Then I powered off the machine, powered
back and did a delete rescan again.  This time I got no channels
found.  I just restored my channels and multiplex from the backup and
I'm back to where I was 2 days ago.  I have no idea why the scan
didnt work, but its the first time I did a rescan with 0.20.1.

Dave