[mythtv-users] Monit and SVN

Matt Rude mythtv at mattrude.com
Fri Apr 27 20:38:41 UTC 2007

A JM wrote:
> Did you do that so Myth will create the PID file? As I noticed it
> doesn't currently get created in my version of SVN.
>
> What does your monit script look like?
>
> AJM
Yes, with that line, mythbackend will make a pid file when it is started
or restarted.

I'm using the SVN Trunk.

my monit.conf file looks like this

##/etc/monit.conf
check process Mythbackend with pidfile /var/run/mythbackend.pid
 group mythtv
 start program = "/sbin/service mythbackend restart"
 stop program  = "/sbin/service mythbackend stop"
 if failed port 6544 then restart
 depends on Mysql
 depends on Lirc

check process Mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
 group mythtv
 start program = "/etc/init.d/mysqld start"
 stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysqld stop"
 if failed port 3306 then restart

 check process Lirc with pidfile /var/run/lircd.pid
 group mythtv
 start program = "/etc/init.d/lircd start"
 stop program  = "/etc/init.d/lircd stop"

-Matt