[mythtv-users] Lirc "pauses" ?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Fri Apr 27 17:28:37 UTC 2007

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/27/2007 12:57 PM, David Frascone wrote:
>
>> For some reason, lirc takes 30s to 1 minute pauses now and then.  So,
>> the remote will work fine -- then it wont -- for a long period.  Then,
>> it will suddenly work again.
>>
>> I've straced it a bit, and it seems to still receive the IR signal --
>> but it doesn't write anything to the application.  (In other words, the
>> device sends out data, lircd receives it, but lircd does *not* send the
>> data to mythfrontend).
>>
>> Has anyone else seen this behavior?  I'm using lircd_serial.
>>

>> If not, I'll head over to the lircd lists.
>>

> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3047 , and specifically
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3047#comment:3 , perhaps.  I'm pretty
> sure the same will apply for lircd.

They do look similar, but my frontend does *not* hang.  And, from doing
an strace, lircd doesn't seem to hang either -- unless you think a
particular thread (the lirc receiver thread) is hanging. . .

When it happnes, irw does *not* work either.  But -- the frontend is
still playing TV recordings, etc, and the keyboard works fine.

-Dave