[mythtv-users] setpci question

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 27 14:10:54 UTC 2007

Brian Walter wrote:
> Greetings,
> I'm attempting to change the pci latency for my SATA controller.  Based
> on information I found from various sources, the following *should*
> work.  However, when I do the setpci, the latency remains unchanged.  Am
> I missing something?

<Mega snip!>

What will be the benefit of changing the latency?  I have this board in
my desktop machine seems to work fine out of the box under Gentoo
2.6.20.  I can't remember off the top of my headfor this board, but most
motherboards allow for the pci latency to be set in the bios.  Though
it's usually one setting for all PCI slots.