[mythtv-users] setpci question

Brian Walter blwalter at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:42:09 UTC 2007

Greetings,
I'm attempting to change the pci latency for my SATA controller.  Based
on information I found from various sources, the following *should*
work.  However, when I do the setpci, the latency remains unchanged.  Am
I missing something?

lspci -v
<snip>
00:05.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SATA Controller (rev a2)
(prog-if 85 [Master SecO PriO])
       Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 8239
       Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
       I/O ports at 09f0 [size=8]
       I/O ports at 0bf0 [size=4]
       I/O ports at 0970 [size=8]
       I/O ports at 0b70 [size=4]
       I/O ports at dc00 [size=16]
       Memory at fe02d000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
       Capabilities: [b0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/2
Enable-
       Capabilities: [cc] HyperTransport: MSI Mapping

<snip>

[root at mythtvserver1 ~]# setpci -v -s 00:05.0 latency_timer=ff
00:05.0:0d ff

lspci -v

<snip>
00:05.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation MCP55 SATA Controller (rev a2)
(prog-if 85 [Master SecO PriO])
       Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 8239
       Flags: bus master, 66MHz, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
       I/O ports at 09f0 [size=8]
       I/O ports at 0bf0 [size=4]
       I/O ports at 0970 [size=8]
       I/O ports at 0b70 [size=4]
       I/O ports at dc00 [size=16]
       Memory at fe02d000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
       Capabilities: [b0] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/2
Enable-
       Capabilities: [cc] HyperTransport: MSI Mapping

Is this just a function of the controller/MB?  Or am I missing something
obvious?

The motherboard is Asus M2N-SLI deluxe.

TIA
Brian