[mythtv-users] Simulate turning on and off within MythTV

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 07:41:00 UTC 2007

On 27/04/07, Dave M G <martin at autotelic.com> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> Thank you for responding.
>

> > See http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/104787
> That's a decent script. Turning the monitor on and off works, so I'm
> part way there.
>
> But it doesn't mute/unmute audio.
>
> Is there a command in MythTV that will go from wherever on is in
> mythfrontend to the start page? If that were possible, then maybe I
> could combine it with the script.
>
> Then that would stop the sound anyway, and make the system ready to go
> for when the monitor was next turned on.

Well you could just start and stop the frontend, like the
wife-friendly tip here :

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/tips.php

sounds like it would do what you want unless you've configured your
backend to shut down on idle, in which case the backend would
eventually shut down as well.  However, as you say your machine is
always on, you probably haven't done this so you should be OK.