[mythtv-users] MythTV recovery groups?

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 06:26:09 UTC 2007

On 4/27/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 02:18:11PM +1000, Chris Henderson wrote:
> > I don't want to turn this into a "this is better than that" argument,
> but i
> > was in your exact same position.
> > I struggled for ages because i brought the wrong TV card (back in 0.14)
> > Nothing would work properly.
>
> > I recently switched to myth DORA as i really do not have time to install
> > using Jarrod's guide. Mythdora is very well done, all it is a
> pre-packaged
> > version of the current release of myth. And interestingly i see that
> Jarod
> > has joined the Dora effort, (not sure what).
>
> But Jarod's guide, ATrpms and mythdora are not really "competing". On
> the contrary, they are more or less different views of the same thing.
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

Please dont get me wrong!

All of the people that are involved in the Mythtv world are really working
on the same thing.

My take on things is that Jarrods guid is really good for people to have a
go at. it teaches you things that you do not learn by using mythdora. But it
also allows for the human error factor to come in.

Mythdora, in this case, does not really allow that to happen and would go
some way to elliminating that factor and maybe point at more hardware.

CH