[mythtv-users] HD Recordings on Regular TV

Robert Macaulay robert.macaulay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 04:13:47 UTC 2007

> What version of Myth, what nVidia drivers, what X version, what window
> manager (if any)...
>
> I'm assuming you're using the nVidia drivers or else XvMC would have
> some problems (like not work at all).
>
> The MX-4000 is not supported by the latest nVidia drivers, so you have
> to use the "legacy" ones AFAIK.
>
> The infamous "vsync" problem with the video drivers might be your
> problem, but without knowing what S/W you're running it's hard to tell.

myth 0.20 from atrpms(build 155), nvidia 9631(yes, legacy). Xorg
7.1.1, KDE window manager. glx disabled

and I'm currently performing this on mythfront start
/usr/bin/nvidia-settings --assign="XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank=0" \
        --assign="XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank=0" \
        --assign "SyncToVBlank=0"

The glx disablement and the nvidia-settings were all grasps at
stability(various mailing list posts).. I had a brief but
wife-alienating lockup series of events where watching live TV would
lock up X(ie, reboot time). This was in the XvMC days as well.