[mythtv-users] IRC

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:23:32 UTC 2007

On 26/04/07, Trey Thompson <treythompson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now, I see 189 people on, and no chatter.  Is there something I need
> to do to be able to see the regular comments on the channel?  A Friend said
> I had to get an OP to allow me...?

I've been back on IRC again recently, and it's pretty much the same as
it was a year ago, when I last had a look. #mythtv-users seems the
same as it was back then - valuable support, bitching between users,
and unrelated conversation. Same as most IRC channels then :) Many
users seem to lurk there, and, much like subscribing to the -users
mailing list, you don't have to contribute to gain valuable knowledge.

I still prefer using these lists (official channels?) to try and help
out users and communicate information, as users seem (to me at least)
put more effort into their list messages and testing (more formality
than IRC perhaps) and the information is available for other users in
the searchable Gossamer archive.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki: