[mythtv-users] Transcode sets wrong audio track as default

Neil Milne neil.milne at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 19:00:03 UTC 2007

On 26/04/07, Neil Bothwick <neil at stfw.net> wrote:
> > That refers to MythDVD and MythVideo, I'm experiencing the problem in
> > MythTV itself. However, I applied the patches and rebuilt MythTV and the
> > recordings play with the wrong track, as before.
>
> I've transcoded a couple more recordings and the problem appeared again
> on one of them, so this patch doesn't seem to fix anything.

I've had this issue for a while too - I've started to cut my mpeg2
recordings losslessly using my windows box (Project X and Cuttermaran)
if I want to make cuts, to prevent the audio corruption.

I think the issues in the trac ticket are related, but it may require
similar changes to be made in other places in the code - unfortunately
I'm a Java coder myself, so can't really handle c++ :-)

In the meantime, if you only do a single transcode and the player
picks the wrong audio track afterwards you can always switch tracks
manually - that's what I do with the files I've already transcoded.

Cheers,
Neil

--
Neil Milne