[mythtv-users] Radeon 9550 and PAL TV

Bert Van Kets mythtv-users at vankets.com
Thu Apr 26 12:41:15 UTC 2007

Hi all,
I am setting up Myth on Fedora Core 6 using Jarod's guide. Myth is
version 0.20 and FC is updated to 2.6.20-2944.
Hardware is
P4 2.7GHz
1GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9550 256MB
PVR-150
SB Audigy 2 ZS Pro
MCE type 2 remote

Audio is perfect.
I can capture from the PVR-150 out of Myth, so my hardware (apart from
the video card) is set up fine.

My problem is I get a black screen when trying live TV and that DVD or
video playback is showing only the top half of the movie spread over the
screen. I also have problems getting the Belgian TV listings configured
(living in Ghent, Balgium) and I don't know if that has something to do
with the black screen when watching live TV.
My TV is connected to my PC using a SVHS cable going into a scart plug.
I do not have a regular PC monitor connected.

I tried tons of things and can not get GLX running, so OpenGL is not
working either.

Does anybody have a good xorg.conf file for the Radeon 9550 with support
for a PAL TV?
Can anybody give me instructions on getting the Belgian Telenet channels
configured?

Thanks

Bert