[mythtv-users] Can you clone X output to different inputs of a single display?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 12:01:44 UTC 2007

I have a plasma TV which has VGA and HDMI inputs. Is it possible to
config xorg.conf so that it does a clone twinview through the VGA and
DVI outputs of my nVidia card to the the VGA and HDMI inputs of the
TV?

Why do I want to do this? Because the picture with HDMI input looks
great, but there's too much overscan for the Shift-Alt-F1 console to
be usable. Whereas with VGA the picture's not so great but the console
works well. If there's another way of sorting out my console with HDMI
input that would may be better - this is just one idea I had.

Regards,
Phill