[mythtv-users] Can't Do HD ATSC Playback

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Apr 26 03:40:23 UTC 2007

Robert Current wrote:
> Just did another "test" and tried to play a ATSC HDTV show at time
> stretch 0.5x, and it it works... (everyone sounds drunk, but no
> choppyness!)

Try going into frontend setup and drill down to Tv Settings -> Playback
and on the first page clear the 'Use video as timebase' setting. This
fixes (for whatever reason) some audio/video speed problems.

> So, I'm wondering still, would a new video card solve it?

well having a video card (5200 or 6200) with a good whack of RAM cannot
hurt. Otherwise, if your card uses main memory, you need lots of memory..

> And...  Meanwhile, can I set up different transcode jobs defined
> specifically to HDTV shows only automatically (globally, only if it's
> an HDTV show, but all HDTV shows, not per-show).  Or at least, for one
> specific tuner?

Can't help you here...
Geoff

--