[mythtv-users] Installing my pchdtv-5500 working..

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Thu Apr 26 02:41:23 UTC 2007

On Apr 22, 2007, at 13:51, Dan Hopkins wrote:

> I've been running mythtv 0.15 with pvr-350 for a awhile, but
> decided to
> upgrade to 0.20 and an HD tuner at the same time.
>
> My system is now setup as follows:
>
> mythtv 0.20, FC-6 (following Jarods Howto), its work great with the
> pvr-350.
> but so far I have been unable to get the 5500 card to work.
>
> I'm trying to use my 5500 to tune to OTA -ATSC channels
>
> Using dvbscan, I see it is finding some HD channels, as I am getting a
> channels file with the following:
>
> KTBW-D1:473000000:8VSB:0x31:0x34:0x03
> KTBW-D2:473000000:8VSB:0x41:0x44:0x04
> KTBW-D3:473000000:8VSB:0x51:0x54:0x05
> KTBW-D4:473000000:8VSB:0x61:0x64:0x06
> KTBW-D5:473000000:8VSB:0x71:0x74:0x07
> KONG-DT:575000000:8VSB:0x31:0x34:0x03
> KONG-SD:575000000:8VSB:0x41:0x44:0x04
> KOMO-DT:617000000:8VSB:0x31:0x34:0x03

Hey! Someone's in Seattle...

> (Anyone know how to read that???  I know have ATSC channels:
> 4.1, 4.2, 5.1, 5.2, 7.1, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 9.5, 13.1, 16.1, 22.1, 22.2
> via
> my ATSC tuner on my TV)
>
> The MythTV scan does not appear to find anything, during the setup I
> installed the card as DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)
[...]
> Any tips on what I have messed up?

Absolutely nothing. There's a bit of an issue with digital channel
scanning with the latest mythtv packages from atrpms. For some
reason, the v4l/dvb kernel headers they're built against broke
scanning. I've let Axel know about it. Rebuilding the packages
against older headers results in functional scanning. I plan to try
to track down an actual fix for building against more recent headers
(svn trunk has no problems) when I have time... For now, if you're
running i386, ping me offlist and I'll let you at a working build
I've got.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com