[mythtv-users] Teletext and DVB-S

Steven Ellis steven at openmedia.co.nz
Thu Apr 26 01:46:44 UTC 2007

On Thu, April 26, 2007 2:08 am, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 19:29 +1200, Steven Ellis wrote:
>> I can get the teletext subtitles up on the new DVB-S based freeview
>> service here in NZ, but I can't get access to the actual teletext pages.
>>
>> When I press "T" I just get the subtitles.
>>
>> Now am I missing something or what is the best way to troubleshoot this.
>
> Have you tried selecting the 'Teletext Menu' in the OSD menu?
>
> There is also a "TV playback" keybinding "TOGGLETTM" which by
> default isn't bound to any key, but should toggle the teletext
> menu when bound to a key.

Thanks for the tips. I'll have a play tonight. I've seen some official
freeview STB demos showing the Telelext support, and I'd like to confirm
that we can get this with MythTV.

It will be really nice to show MythTV is a full feature freeview
compatible environment prior to the official launch on 2nd May.

Steve

Steven Ellis - Technical Director
OpenMedia Limited - The Home of myPVR
email   - steven at openmedia.co.nz