[mythtv-users] weird problem with IR serial receiver

Lord Darkhelmet lord_darkhelmet at accesscomm.ca
Wed Apr 25 23:54:02 UTC 2007

I built a serial port receiver following the plans on lirc.org (and
duplicated all over the place) and it did not work.   After much futzing
with it, I got it to finally pick up signals but I had to change the R1
pullup resister from 4k7 to 15K.   Based on the number of people who
have it working as published I assume something is not right with my
attempt.  With the 15k resister in place the supply voltage going to the
tsop is 4.97v but the output voltage from tsop is 2.53v and drops under
2 when a button is pressed on the remote.  The motherboard is an old
Asus P3V4X and the OS is FC5.  I have not tried either the stock circuit
or my version on other hardware yet.   Seems to be working but I'm not
sure why or if I'm risking the motherboard.  Any insight would be great.

Dean.